Well done guys! Just played it for a bit and I am enjoying what I’ve played so far. Although I’d like to think I know video games pretty well, I haven’t played many dungeon crawlers so you might want to take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I have a fair share of praises but also a lot of critiques and bugs. That’s not to say it isn’t great, but I was trying to “break” the game and play devil’s advocate so you can make an even better end product. So here it goes!
What I liked:
- The player and enemy animations looked really cool, especially the death ones
- The music is awesome, and I love that it is muffled when you got into a menu
- Including the feedback button with the automatic screenshot tool is very smart and a great idea to put into a demo and even still the main game
- I wish you could get back into the action sooner. Having to press restart, wait for the loading screen, press a key, and then get back in was kind of annoying. Maybe having a keyboard shortcut or have it automatically reload would be nice. I’m thinking something like endless games like Flappy Bird, where you can go right back into the action with 1 click in less than 3 seconds.
- The WSAD control felt a bit unresponsive at times. I felt like I would stop pressing a key and there would be a slight delay from when my character would stop
- The minions were a bit laggy in terms of how they moved. Don’t know if it was a framerate issue or not, but being that they are the core of the gameplay, making them smoother would be nice
- I liked the fonts for the most part, but the one in the pause menu was a bit hard for me to read. Also, it seemed like there were 3 or 4 different fonts. I’d prefer 1 or 2 for consistency's sake
- The right click ability lacked a bit of range that I would have liked. I understand that it is supposed to be hard and the minions are the focus, but the right click didn’t really have enough “power” to make it feel worth using
- I really like the bug report menu, but it is kind of buggy. I couldn’t change the brush sizes, and the automatic screenshot tool didn’t seem to be working correctly as well as the delete button. Also in the main menu the bug report screen appeared behind the other UI
- If you shot minions into the corner of a room they could get stuck lol
- Your right click ability spazzes out going from side to side if you move left and right (A and D) really quickly
- A blank room (filled orange box) would sometimes appear on the map when I hadn’t gone to the adjacent rooms yet (Ex. I would be in the top left room and there would be a blank one in the bottom right when I hadn’t gone to any other room yet)
That’s what I got! I hope I didn’t sound harsh, I just want the game to be as good as possible. I’d be happy to play future versions and give more feedback. Best of luck, and Happy Holidays!